RegisterRegister    Log inLog in    SearchSearch   

View previous topic :: View next topic  
deviation

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2006 3:23 pm    Post subject: gamecreate client seems to crash both vent and teamspeak Reply with quote

i apologise since i don't know where this should go but aparently the actual client is ither stoping and restarting or crashing both ventrilo and teamspeak servers at random, acording to the client logs it eventualy stops it because of consistant instability, however, once the servers are started, i can turn the game create client off and i don't have a problem.
Any help would be greatly apreciated.
adbot

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2011 3:57 am 

Andrew
Mammoth

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2006 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey,

This will be due to you having servers which GameCreate cannot access from the internet (ie, via a server query).

Make sure your host IP Address which appears in the GameCreate panel (Hosts tab) is accessable from the internet.
deviation

PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2006 10:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thank you for your reply, the ip is accessable from the net because i also use it for remote administration via terminal services. any sugjestions?
Andrew
Mammoth

PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2006 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Check the servers 'Overview' tab.

Click on 'Failure Reports'.

There will be a reason for the restart (eg, 'Query Failure') and then GameCreate Client will restart the server (since it thinks it has crashed).

Can you do this for me:

Setup a Ventrilo and TeamSpeak 2 server *not using GameCreate*.

Provide the IP and Port of the servers you just setup, so I can both attempt to connect to them, and query them.

I can try and troubleshoot why GameCreate thinks they are offline.

Also, include the version of both Vent and TS2 you are running.
deviation

PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2006 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

alright, here you go, ventrilo is here : 72.133.244.204:3784
teamspeak is the same and on port 8767 however to make things a bit easier, you can subsitute the ip's for compucure.serveblog.net and use the ports i listed. by the way, thank you for your help. now i don't know if its just temporary but the teamspeak server seems to be working now, however the ventrilo server still shuts down randomly due to a query failor"using gamecreate".
teamspeak server version is RC2 build(2.0.20.1)
ventrilo server version is 2.3.1
Andrew
Mammoth

PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2006 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I cant even connect to your Ventrilo server from here (Note: Only support the official latest version, not the 'old' ventrilo server setup).

As for TeamSpeak, I can connect ok, but cannot query it.

The query port needs to be set to +5 of the join port (for example, your query status port should be 8772 (8767 + 5).

This can be defined (and is by default in GameCreate):
HTTPServer Port=8777
HTTPServer Enabled=1

So, make sure its possible to connect to the server from the internet for Ventrilo, as I currently cannot.

Also fix the query port (firewall issue?) for the TeamSpeak server. You should be able to telnet to the TS query port and establish a connection.
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: