RegisterRegister    Log inLog in    SearchSearch   

View previous topic :: View next topic  
K.Bean

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2006 3:18 am    Post subject: external authentication Reply with quote

hello.
English excuse is not unfortunately so good but I nevertheless hope for it my you understand me.

understand I the manual to the external authentication method not. it would be one possibly strode for instructions strode for beginners to positions? I would like to become a member login on my hompage to gamecreate install. from there be supposed to the users administer the server. as perhaps there also is I can reach this a demo?

thanks
adbot

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2011 3:57 am 

Andrew
Mammoth

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2006 8:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can download an example of our external auth implementation here, http://www.gamecreate.com/downloads.php

This should get you up and running, also check out http://doc.gamecreate.com/ManualExternalUserAuthentication
K.Bean

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2006 10:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I make something wrong. I have taken and adapted the example. I get this error message now.

what do I make wrong?
Andrew
Mammoth

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2006 8:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What is the URL to your authentication script (that you have in that page's 'Authentication URL' box?).

Its returning the wrong data.
K.Bean

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2006 9:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

my url is

http://www.xxxx.de/login/ExternalAuthentication.wsdl

the page is not ready yet therefore this one xxxxx,
kmc127

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2006 10:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You need to link it to the php file, auth.php =) I had the same problem
K.Bean

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2006 10:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kmc127 wrote:
You need to link it to the php file, auth.php =) I had the same problem

so the auth.php file into a new file includen?or you mean something other?
kmc127

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2006 10:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Where it says Authentication URL:
put:

www.YOURSITE.com/auth.php

Also, don't import any users (if it asks you)

Andrew --

I got mine working tonight, but I tried to do the automated user conversion afterwards... It added the users fine, but it did not give them any permissions. When I tried to change those users permisions gamecreate would error out, saying it sent an email to you guys. After this I tried to remove the users and readd them, but was not able to. To get around this I changed back to internal Auth and did not merge any users, then added them manually.

Thanks
Kyle
K.Bean

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2006 11:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think my provider has a problem there. I see only an empty white page at call of the auth.php in the browser. at another provider I do not see the note this make the msql data at least. this is I have so, then entered none also correctly. what does the provider have to have activated in the php.ini so that it works, then?
kmc127

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2006 12:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

do you have phpbb installed? (http://www.phpbb.com/) auth.php shouldnt show much if called in a browser, but some xml like this:

Code:

<SOAP-ENV:Envelope SOAP-ENV:encodingStyle="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/encoding/">

<SOAP-ENV:Body>

<SOAP-ENV:Fault>
<faultcode xsi:type="xsd:string">Client</faultcode>
<faultactor xsi:type="xsd:string"/>

<faultstring xsi:type="xsd:string">
Operation '' is not defined in the WSDL for this service
</faultstring>
<detail xsi:type="xsd:string"/>
</SOAP-ENV:Fault>
</SOAP-ENV:Body>
</SOAP-ENV:Envelope>

Anyways, it pretty much works out of the box, just change the settings in auth.php to link to your phpbb database. Could you post a screenshot with what gamecreate says when you put the www.YOURSITE.com/auth.php into the Authentication URL?

Thanks
Kyle
K.Bean

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2006 1:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi
thank you for your help!

at my test side http://kbean.ki.funpic.de/auth.php the phpbb board is installed. I have uploaded the file ExternalAuthentication.wsdl unchanged now. gamecreate says new message...

actually to login shall on the side www.gamerz-net.de where no phpbb board is installed this. I have another forum http://www.gamerz-net.de/forum.php there and also wanted to use this. there the same data like on mine lie test webspace. if I call the auth.php www.gamerz-net.de/auth.php I, however, get an empty, white seite. I think this lies at my provider. the problem is provider in work at mine.
kmc127

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2006 1:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ah, if the database is hosted off site (with another provider) they may not allow logins from your host. This is very common. Is there any way you can upload the auth files to your real website? They can be hosted in a folder.

Also, on your dev site do you have access to your php.ini? A php error of just a white page is usually a sign that errors are disabled in your php.ini.

Let me know,

Kyle
K.Bean

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2006 11:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi
this does not have under php 5 run my the soap informed me about providers slap-up. if one, however, adapts the nusoap.php, it shall work also under php 5. I have done this and get new error messages now. www.gamerz-net/login/auth.php

Notice: Undefined index: content-type in /web/www/gamerz/html/login/soap/nusoap.php on line 3813

Notice: Undefined index: content-type in /web/www/gamerz/html/login/soap/nusoap.php on line 3814

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /web/www/gamerz/html/login/soap/nusoap.php:3813) in /web/www/gamerz/html/login/soap/nusoap.php on line 3778

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /web/www/gamerz/html/login/soap/nusoap.php:3813) in /web/www/gamerz/html/login/soap/nusoap.php on line 3778

ClientOperation &apos;&apos; is not defined in the WSDL for this service

can anybody help me there?
much thank
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: