RegisterRegister    Log inLog in    SearchSearch   

View previous topic :: View next topic  
kcalpha

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2006 7:17 pm    Post subject: Booking a Server Reply with quote

Hello, i have a little problem, i am a non-profit gaming comunity and offer gamers chance to play for free. Can i instaed of giving the option of taking over the full server, just book the time and date and just set the game password for the time they booked:

Instead of setting all the options available in TEMP Servers just set a single password for the permanent server for the time they have booked.
Thank you very much.
adbot

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2011 3:57 am 

Andrew
Mammoth

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2006 9:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi kcalpha,

When you refer to:
Quote:
Can i instaed of giving the option of taking over the full server, just book the time and date and just set the game password for the time they booked:

What do you mean exactly?

When someone creates a temporary booking, a separate, new server is started entirely for that booking - an existing server is not 'taken over'.

When the booking runs out, the server is shut down.

See http://doc.gamecreate.com/ManualTemporaryServers for more information on temporary servers.

The current interface (and design) does not limit itself to just passwording an existing server. You could though design this yourself using GameCreate's web services to control the server.

However I suggest you may be going about this the wrong way. Why would you not want a separate server to be spawned for people to play on?

Remember you can limit the amount of servers that may be running at any one time on your host.
kcalpha

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2006 9:44 am    Post subject: The booking idea is ... Reply with quote

well the reason is this ... i am the current Server admin a lot of Gamers are very newbies on server controls and some don't even understand the word PAM as in PAM mode. So they masup the whole TEMP server system. The second resaon is i wish that the server remains as in my Gaming Comunity name as i am offering the free time on the servers. Well in short

1: Un-proffesional admins it's easier to set just a password with ready made configuration
2: I wish that the server name reminas the same as i am offering it free to use.

Thanks for the Web-tools help and thanks for the reply's
Andrew
Mammoth

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2006 9:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can restrict the server name fine.

Goto your 'Domain' tab in GameCreate and change the 'Temporary name format' to just contain a prefix for your name or enter something in there by itself, and any temporary servers will use that name.

Quote:
a lot of Gamers are very newbies on server controls and some don't even understand the word PAM as in PAM mode

You can *hide* options from the user - Just goto the Properties tab of the game, click Edit, and choose 'Permanent Only' and the option wont be visible for user bookings.
kcalpha

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2006 10:08 am    Post subject: Problem Solved Reply with quote

Thanks Andrew your the best Forum helper i have ever met .. very fast response and perfect replies ... Smile EXCELLENT thumbs up Laughing
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: