RegisterRegister    Log inLog in    SearchSearch   

Goto page 1, 2  Next 
View previous topic :: View next topic  
chaos

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2007 6:35 am    Post subject: Servers not restarting after crash or restart Reply with quote

My CSS server isnt restarting after a crash or when i restart game create, i dont see any errors in the GC console but the servers dont startup.
adbot

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2011 3:57 am 

Andrew
Mammoth

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2007 7:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What do you think the problem is?

What do you see the console doing? What status is the server showing on the Server Overview page?
chaos

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2007 8:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The console shows ping pong and shows it logging in just fine.

The server status page shows its not running.

I'm not quite to sure what it could be, i have it setup to restart server on server failure.

EDIT: ok well i tried starting srcds manually and it still isnt starting. Not sure what has changed since the last time i started it the other day and now. I did an updated and all the files were up2date but still not working. any ideas?
chaos

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2007 8:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, well i restarted the box and my dod server comes up yet my css doesnt. I tried again to manually open srcds.exe and it wouldnt open but i ran a bat script that starts the server

Code:

@start c:\GameCreate_CSS\srcds\srcds.exe -console -game cstrike -secure +map surf_leet_xl_beta7z +ip xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx +port 27015 +maxplayers 15

and that bat script opened the server just fine. After looking through my server status logs on the site it shows it usually has trouble restart but then a long time later finally does. This happened before when the server froze and wasnt responding but the srcds console was still up.
Andrew
Mammoth

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2007 5:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not sure, it sounds like a configuration issue on your server.

If it wont even start when GameCreate tries to run it, you should look into why its not running even without GameCreate.
chaos

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2007 3:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i cant figure out why. cause if i try it by double clicking srcds.exe it doesnt work however with that bat script i posted above it does work :-\. I believe it did this a long time ago for a bit and cant remember what i did to fix it? anyone know? It may be a steam problem as it runs with a bat script but nothing else. how does gc start the servers?
Andrew
Mammoth

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2007 8:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GC Starts the servers as shown via the console (and as its shown on the Server Overview page).

Just 'double clicking' the srcds.exe file simply starts it with no parameters.

You should ask this question on the HLDS Mailing list.
chaos

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2007 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

what is the hlds mailing list?
Andrew
Mammoth

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2007 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A google would tell you.

http://list.valvesoftware.com/mailman/listinfo/hlds
chaos

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 6:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok i think i know what the problem is. I did some research and come to find out the GUI when double clicking srcds.exe doesnt work anymore. you HAVE to open it with command line. Thats why it opens with the .bat file i have. When i logged into the control panel is showed my server with an hour glass and has said 'Updating' for a couple weeks now. I'm guessing this is why its not starting up but my dod server is. Should I just remove this server then recreate it via the control panel or is there a way to make it stop saying updating and be able to send a start command to start the game server?
chaos

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2007 8:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

any ideas andrew?
chaos

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2007 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

can you tell me what the hour glass means when i login to my game create account? It seems like its not wanting to send the server execute command for my CSS, however my dod sends fine.
Andrew
Mammoth

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2007 4:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

An hourglass (as per the help documentation!) indicates the server is 'busy' - ie it is starting/stopping or mid state.

If the server's game is not fully installed, the server wont start until that is done.

Check Failure Reports also for the server to see why it may not be starting.
chaos

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2007 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I dont have anything in the error reports

however i did a 'mark server as stoped' then restarted it said it was fetching files then i got this.

Code:

LOG: Sat Apr 07 06:36:01 2007: Error when downloading cstrike/gameinfo.txt: Could not open output file: C:\GameCreate_CSS\srcds/cstrike/gameinfo.txt (errno: 13)
LOG: Sat Apr 07 06:36:03 2007: Error when downloading cstrike/gameinfo.txt: Could not open output file: C:\GameCreate_CSS\srcds/cstrike/gameinfo.txt (errno: 13)
LOG: Sat Apr 07 06:36:05 2007: Error when downloading cstrike/gameinfo.txt: Could not open output file: C:\GameCreate_CSS\srcds/cstrike/gameinfo.txt (errno: 13)
LOG: Sat Apr 07 06:36:07 2007: Could not download: cstrike/gameinfo.txt
chaos

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2007 4:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I made the gameinfo.txt file no longer read only, however i cannot get it to do what it did and try and update again. Sad
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: