RegisterRegister    Log inLog in    SearchSearch   

View previous topic :: View next topic  
GODS1

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 6:42 am    Post subject: New IP Reply with quote

Hi,

We are changing over our boxes backbone and need to change just the standard IP. We are have installed several games and I am wondering if GC will just auto change the IPs of the games or if I need to change them myself. If I have to do it myself where and how do I change them. The box will be the same all that changes is the IP.

www.godsclans.com
adbot

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2011 3:57 am 

GODS1

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 6:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

To be more clear, we will no longer have the original IP that we used to install GC and the games. It will not be adding more ips just changeing the 1 single IP that we have.
Andrew
Mammoth

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 8:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

This is an easy fix.

When your new IP is ready:

* Close GameCreate Client

* Visit the Host Configuration page and change the IP Address listed (Click Edit) in GameCreate Admin.

* Start GameCreate Client

When that's done, the client should login with your new IP and login under your existing host, keeping all the games/servers etc.
GODS1

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2007 6:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah but it did not change the game IPs, also I put in the 2nd IP which never showed as working, then could not get the main IP back to primary. I am sure I clicked on the wrong places. If you have xfire can you add me and see if we can save the mess I have made my xfire is justncredible
Andrew
Mammoth

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2007 9:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I dont have XFire.

What do you mean it did not change your Game Ips?

What IP do you want your host to have? Link me to your domain and I can try and look.
GODS1

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2007 3:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well we decided to just reinstall all of the servers, gives me the chance to make them all in subdomains which I am conviced is the best way to go. The depth of GC is very good, I would like to see the premissions page layed out a little diffrent, maybe like with toggles for each area and a overveiw page to veiw who has what permissions granted. I have 5 clan members with diffrent permissions for diffrent reasons, which makes my mental notes kinda a mess with who can change what on which game. Or who can access which sub domains, come match times it can be a problem. We have 3 matches this week, maybe 4. So a feature such as listing subdomain permissions would be helpful.

As for it not showing the correct IP when changed, we have 2 IPs with our box. I entered the 2nd IP and not the main IP, then clicked to make it the primary, once I had done that I then entered the real boxes primary IP, and for some reason it took that IP as being for the subdomains, and it showed two host boxes, one green and one red. It took me a long time to get rid of the 2nd ip, the red box and make the real primary the one used. None of the games installed changed IPs when we did it, we did figure out to right click and assign a IP to the game, but it refused to allow us to make it the green box real IP. So now we have about 15 game folders in the GC tree. Shocked Very Happy Everything is back on track and we are almost at full speed.
Andrew
Mammoth

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 11:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not sure about that IP issue, I tried to reproduce it and it was working as expected.

Most likely what happened was that you made changes to the primary IP, but GC Client was still running on your host - and it kept logging back in (with its currently defined primary IP in the config file) and therefore re-adding the host as a new primary host to your domain.

You need to make sure your hosts primary IP is defined in gamecreate.ini:

ip 1.2.3.4

On its own line.

Dont forget about the temporary booking feature if you want to allow your clan members to create servers Smile
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: