RegisterRegister    Log inLog in    SearchSearch   

Goto page 1, 2  Next 
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tgadmin

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2007 2:30 am    Post subject: New user :D Reply with quote

Hi all Very Happy
wanted to say hi and post a few questions concerning your product.

First im totaly new to all this and although we have been running our own dedi box for a number of years iv always had help in setting them up to run our game servers Very Happy, not so now though so please if the question sounds stupid its probably because its come from a nub Sad

Iv read nearly all the posts in your forums but cant find the one question i really need answering, we all ready have a dedi box runing on Linux with 6 game servers all ready set up and working.
My question is if I set up Game Create now will it recognise those servers already running?
If not what do we need to do to allow access to those servers threw Game Create??

Thanks in advance Very Happy
adbot

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2011 3:57 am 

Andrew
Mammoth

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2007 8:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

You will need to create them in GameCreate.

Just try creating servers from GameCreate and configure them from there to match your existing server configuration.
tgadmin

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2007 9:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the reply Andrew Very Happy
After posting i carried on reading all the posts in here and came to the conclusion that this is what I had to do :S
But over night GC has dowloaded all the games we are playing which was great Very Happy
I can now set up the games we have, CSS,JK2 etc and give them the same ports that we originaly had Very Happy that way theres no need to go threw the hassle of informing our gamers of new ip's etc which was also very welcome Very Happy

Id also like to say how impressed i am with GC so far Very Happy iv been searching for something just like this for nearly a year and stumbled across you by accident, isnt it about time you guys started to advertise lol Very Happy
Just for your information we can be found at www.thegatheringclan.org and we are part of the Nuke community Very Happy
Every clan I know of so far is intrested in this control pannel programe but are waiting on our reports, all of which are very good so far Very Happy
Id be more than happy to have some sort of support link/advert link on our web site Very Happy pointing them in your direction Very Happy
Andrew
Mammoth

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2007 9:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sure, just send them our way (gamecreate.com) - We do not have a banner at the moment, ill see if we can get one made up.

Out of curiosity, where have you been looking for game panels?

Be sure to check out our http://www.gamecreate.com/features.php features page - theres some really neat stuff in there (such as temporary servers) which you may really like.
tgadmin

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2007 12:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Out of curiosity, where have you been looking for game panels?

Iv looked from one end of the web to the other tbh, places like http://www.innovativegamingconcepts.com/products.php and http://www.gamehostpanel.com/index.php?page=home are two that spring to mind but neither have the control or feel that your cp gives.

Quote:
Be sure to check out our http://www.gamecreate.com/features.php features page - theres some really neat stuff in there (such as temporary servers) which you may really like.

Once we have everything running then the plan is to get a second dedi that we can then rent out temp servers, this was the whole idea behind having something like GC controling everything Very Happy
Still trying to get TS, ET:QW an JK2 set up though Sad

Quote:
Sure, just send them our way (gamecreate.com) - We do not have a banner at the moment, ill see if we can get one made up.

Tbh you have no idea how happy i am to have GC now in place and rpotentialy running my dedi set up for me Very Happy
Id be more than happy to make one for you that we can use on our site, normally theres a charge but for you its free Very Happy
tgadmin

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2007 4:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sad my fist reall problem............

Its my connection to the FTP.
I went into the FTP to see if everything was working ok, used my login name an pass, went into the first base folder then into a sub folder found a file and down loaded it Very Happy no issues there Very Happy but when i went into another base folder it again asked for my name and password but then refused to allow me access :S
Iv checked the permissions and im set up all the way, there shouldnt be an issue but there is Sad
Its as though my connection to that first file is still active and iv now got a fixed path to that file and that file only.
Im using the FTP on windows vista and up until now havnt had any issues at all so im not sure if this is where the problem lies or if its some where else??

Another issue I have is user control, iv set up an account for one of my admins who has the same control of the system i do but this wont allow him to sign into the FTP at all, iv tried to del his account and then reinstall it but this fails to work as well.

Any help ya guys can give would be great Very Happy
Andrew
Mammoth

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2007 7:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tgadmin wrote:
Sad my fist reall problem............

Its my connection to the FTP.
I went into the FTP to see if everything was working ok, used my login name an pass, went into the first base folder then into a sub folder found a file and down loaded it Very Happy no issues there Very Happy but when i went into another base folder it again asked for my name and password but then refused to allow me access :S
Iv checked the permissions and im set up all the way, there shouldnt be an issue but there is Sad

Try using a proper FTP program like FlashFXP.

Quote:

Another issue I have is user control, iv set up an account for one of my admins who has the same control of the system i do but this wont allow him to sign into the FTP at all, iv tried to del his account and then reinstall it but this fails to work as well.

Any help ya guys can give would be great Very Happy

Are you sure he has the same permissions? Not only does he need FTP Permission to the server, he also needs the appropriate Read/Write access to that server.
tgadmin

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2007 1:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmmm as for the FTP, iv down loaded the trial version but still nothing changes, i still have the same issue.
Something else that appears to be an issue is I cant log out?
Iv clicked the button a few times to log out of the site and it still shows me as being logged in :s
Could this be an issue that follows on the same lines as the FTP prob??

My admin is definatly set with all the right permissions Very Happy
tbh its your own fault for making the site so easy to follow Very Happy lol so i know he has the correct permissions Very Happy it just wont let him in to the FTP.
One thing we did find was that when he first registered he didnt get the confirmation email, so re-registered with another name but his user name matched that of the first.
Now when I added him to the permissions group he was able to access the site but nothing else.
There are a few other issues but at the moment the biggest is the FTP :S
with that working i hope that the other issue will be resolved Very Happy
gh0std0g

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2007 1:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've noticed that the Logout link doesn't work with Internet Explorer, so there's something to be corrected. If you manually delete the cookies the web site will ask for Login on the next session.

However it work just fine on Mozilla Firefox.

I'll do some testing to see if i can help you with the FTP issue.
tgadmin

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2007 2:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

FTP is working for me now??? iv not done anything diffrent.......honest
All i did was dl FLASHFXP as Andrew suggested but as far as I can tell im still going threw my vista connection :S really weired

Still the same issue with my admin, he is still having problems as above.
and with the log out issue :S

Thanks for your help Very Happy
Andrew
Mammoth

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2007 8:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

tgadmin wrote:
FTP is working for me now??? iv not done anything diffrent.......honest
All i did was dl FLASHFXP as Andrew suggested but as far as I can tell im still going threw my vista connection :S really weired

Still the same issue with my admin, he is still having problems as above.
and with the log out issue :S

Thanks for your help Very Happy

Read the manual about FTP. Your friend needs FTP permission (via FTP Admin) and also needs permission on the server itself.

Try pasting what error he has. If it says:
Sorry, you do not have access to this host.

When he tries to login, its because of the permission problem. Look in to the issue in more depth.
tgadmin

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2007 2:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wth??? this was also resolved last night with out us doing a thing??
I asked him to try his login again as mine now worked ok, he did and it did Very Happy
Have no idea why it took so long to work, nor what we did to resolve it but thats fine now.

next step now is to get TS and JK,CSS working Very Happy

O and the logout issue is still there :S, just didnt want ya to think this had been resolved as well but I know your working on it Very Happy ta guys
tgadmin

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2007 12:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hmmm ok we wanted to change where the maps were uploaded from, some where more local so we added the web address as explained but now we are trying to update both the ET servers with the change and it wont Sad
All its been saying now for two days is "waiting to contact host" then it fails and then it goes on a retry.
Is there any way to get out of this loop as I cant see a stop button or anything Sad
Both servers are of line because of this up date so id like to get the issue resolved asap please guys Very Happy
Andrew
Mammoth

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2007 12:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unfortunately there is no option to cancel a server update at the moment.

A quick work around is to probably:
* Change the IP of the host your server is on
* Restart GC Client

Wait 5 minutes and the host with your servers will go offline. Then click the 'Mark as Stopped' button under 'Server Overview' on each server.

Move the server (via Server Configuration tab) to your other host that has appeared.

Remove the old host.
tgadmin

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2007 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wow Andrew thats not a "quick work around" thats a disaster Sad
I dont think we can do that as the host ip is fixed by my provider and they certainly wont concider helping because of a third partys software has got ut is trouble Sad
Surley theres a kill command some where?? that will stop the process that you guys can hack into??

Im really concerned now that trying to perform a simple task like updating a config can become such a big issue, i know this is a beta and i also know you guys work hard but there has to be an off switch some where you guys can add to the programe?
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: