RegisterRegister    Log inLog in    SearchSearch   

View previous topic :: View next topic  
cal361

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2007 1:51 pm    Post subject: In Game Admin: What are you doing? Reply with quote

First, thanks for the software. Works like a champ for our BF2 server reservations.

We are conisdering moving our main BF2 server over to our gamecreate run server the only problem is bf2cc has become far to important for in game admin and without modmanager rcon doesn't work right.

I need rcon to work and at least kick and ban functions in game for my admins.

We use BF2 RAT and alt-tabbing out is a pain.

Does anyone have a modmanager compatable in game admin script they could share?
adbot

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2011 3:57 am 

Andrew
Mammoth

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2007 7:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You should have no problem using GameCreate and BF2CC (Although, the daemon is not supported).

You should still be able to use bf2 rcon in-game though.
cal361

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2007 2:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was kind of hoping to hear from BF2 server admins as your position is quite clear in previous posts. Thanks for the response though.

Here is my problem with your answer. Rcon doesn't provide granular control over admin rights. It is also quite intimidating for neophyte admins.

Let's look at an example:

Joe Admin is playing a game and notices that user [FEAFWE]asdfj1K is being a total dip and causing problems for everyone.

With your solution the admin would have to take the following steps:
~
rcon login pass
rcon exec admin.listPlayers
(FIND THE PLAYER ID)
rcon exec admin.kickPlayer 1

With an in game admin script this would be simplified with:
!k asdf TK

As a server admin there is value in this because many grievers jump on and cause as much damage as possible knowing they can jump off and avoid a ban or kick due to the complexity of kicking someone.

As a server host, there is intrinsic value in implementing an in game admin script in BF2 without the use of BF2CC both in the saving of resources (less memory & CPU cycles, theoretically) and in easy of use for the end user (note above example).

That's why I posted here hoping to see if someone else has come up with a solution.

The modmanager script has many useful modules. So many in fact, that I stripped down BF2 RAT this weekend and began to rewrite it using the most up to date modmanager to create a new web based admin for my guys.

We are also working on coding our own in game admin solution based on dc_ass but we can't find a couple of dependencies after days of google an yahoo. :_(

If anyone has the dc_ass python code lying around it would be great is they could post it here and we will see what we can do about making it modmanager compatible.
cal361

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2007 10:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gee, guess I'm the only guy who wanted to do this. I spent the last few weeks ripping apart code to make a working in game kick/ban system. I need to clean up the code, but after that would anyone be interested in this?
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: