RegisterRegister    Log inLog in    SearchSearch   

View previous topic :: View next topic  
JaredP

PostPosted: Fri Feb 29, 2008 2:46 pm    Post subject: Could not open .pid file error. Reply with quote

Hello, i keep getting this error in my Gamecreate console while trying to run COD4:

Quote:
LOG: Thu Feb 28 21:40:53 2008: Could not open pid-file C:\Users\Mary Ann\Documents\gamecreate\callofduty4\port28960.pid

I dont know what the problem is, and i cant find the portXXXXX.pid file in my callofduty4 folder in the gamecreate directory either.

I think it might be easier to run the server without gamecreate though, but i've been having this problem where whenever i run a server it will use my private ip address instead of my public even when i run it dedicated to internet. Could this problem be from me having a static ip address? Or does it have something to do with a private network, if so, could someone help me out with getting off the private network? According to the network and sharing center, My PC is connected to "Network 2" which is connected to the internet. I was able to make servers run dedicated to the internet before on COD, but after i got my new router, i never can anymore.

Thanks for any help.
adbot

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2011 3:57 am 

frostz

PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2008 1:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lol Jared it's supposed to say that. It will spam your GameCreate console with that and it doesn't change anything. The admin said that it's just some id tool for the site or something like that but it's not required to play the game. So that's ok. The admin will probably make a script for that but for noqw it's ok so ya. XD
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: