RegisterRegister    Log inLog in    SearchSearch   

View previous topic :: View next topic  
doood

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2008 9:39 am    Post subject: Different Options with AMX Reply with quote

Hi, I recently started using GameCreate, and I must say it's very nifty and well organized. However, I'm having trouble with amx, I've tried using the default files but I don't know how to go about using them. I've looked in the forums and searched for a manual because I don't like opening up a topic that's been answered before but no such luck. Is there a way I can bypass the amx files that the server writes every time it installs? Is there a better way of using them? I'm lost with the amx and metamod files because I tried adding my own but the server writes the old ones anyway. I guess what I'm really wanting to know is if they can be disabled and everything handled strictly through ftp management. Thanks.
adbot

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2011 3:57 am 

doood

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2008 1:29 pm    Post subject: bump Reply with quote

In case I wasn't specific enough this is for Counter Strike 1.6 and I'm trying to work with my own amx mods/files for the server but I'm lost, thanks in advance.
Steve
Mammoth

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2008 3:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

What are you wanting the files to do exactly?

You should have a list of files available to edit at your leisure that will be loaded each time you start your server.

You said you created some new files for your server but the old ones were being written out. Can you elaborate on this a bit more? There may be a bug. What files did you create, what name did you give them, and which old versions were being written.

What is it you're trying to do with your user created files.
doood

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2008 3:48 pm    Post subject: amx response Reply with quote

the user gui/ web interface is overwriting some of, if not all, the amxmodx files. ie we would insert a plugin line, via ftp, restart the server, and the metamod plugin file would revert back to the original file
Steve
Mammoth

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2008 4:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did you attempt to edit the file in the GameCreate files page of your server as well, or just on the server itself?

The files are pulled from what's written in the configuration of your server's GC page on every server start, so any changes made manually on the server will be overwritten.

Part of the purpose of GameCreate is to provide an easy to use interface so that you don't need to edit files on the server itself.

You can add new configuration files to your server through the Files section of the GC page for your server. You can also edit any files that are already there as well as any you decide to add there.

Have a read of these pages for a bit more information.
http://doc.gamecreate.com/AdminEditServerFilePage
http://doc.gamecreate.com/AdminEditGameFilePage
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: