RegisterRegister    Log inLog in    SearchSearch   

Goto page 1, 2  Next 
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MistaHardkill

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2008 3:24 pm    Post subject: My NEW Question. Reply with quote

Okay, so I got GC running on linux (thank you GOD!), and I have installed CS 1.6.

I can't seem to get it working the way I want. What I want to do is have a public server, 28 slots, and an 11 slot CAL match server.

On the Public, I want MetaMod, and AMXMODX. I can't seem to get it working, and I checked the " MetaMod Load AMXModX" box in the configuration. PLUS, I already have configs I want to use for the server + amx/metamod. How do I use those instead?
adbot

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2011 3:57 am 

Steve
Mammoth

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2008 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MetaMod and AMXMODX should be enabled by default on all server. You shouldn't need to change anything for those to work at all.

You can add/edit files at a game level or per-server on the files tab and change the config files through there.

Follow the examples you'll see on the files tabs.

strike/addons/amxx/configs/%server:port%/amxx.cfg
MistaHardkill

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2008 3:40 pm    Post subject: Yeah Reply with quote

12.192.82.64:27015

All I did was edit the config to up the players to 28 (thru GC). No MM or AMXX:(
MistaHardkill

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2008 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alright, I need help.

Theres so many things wrong with the system you guys have for AMXX its not even funny. Not only was it not "on automatically" like its supposed to be upon creating a new server, no, but it appears if I want to do it manually, I have to have it on on ALL the servers i use for 1.6. This is garbage unless somebody knows what the crap to do. I've signed up for gamecreate around 3 times. Everytime thinking "hey maybe its gotten better".

If I can't get this working, I'll do what I probably should have done and do it in seperate servers manually thru HLDS. In which case, tell me how to remove it ie: shutting off the services etc.
~Zedge~

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2008 10:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi MHK,

Sorry to hear you are having trouble with GC.

THe thing to bhear in mind is that GC is being offered as a free service, and as such, there is no point getting in any way annoyed over how it functions - it ie either make do and use it as best you can or comission your own custom cp and spend a lot of money Razz or do it yourself and spend a lot of time Razz

Anyway, I don't think you should need to throw in the towell yet.

GC is not that hard to use - what you need to do is familiarise yourself with exactly how it is operating - you should be able to resolve your mod difficulties fairly easily:

A mod is basically a set of differnt files and what changing the mod in the GC dropdown list is doing is altering the command line, i.e. it is calling different files.

With this in mind, you can alter the given files for a mod in the file tab and set GC to call this given cfg.

Other than that, you need to make sure that everything else is ok and that other important things are being called in the command line.

Lastly, you are going to have to be a little more specific with documenting your problems for anyone to be able to give you detailed assistance to overcome problems.

I hope this helps you out - jus tbe patient and you will see how good and easy GC is Smile

Shout for assistance if you need it Smile

Zed.
MistaHardkill

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2008 10:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Specific? I'll give you specific.

HERE is what I want to do:
I want to have 3 CS 1.6 servers.
1. A Public, 28 slots.
2. A private, 11 slots.
3. A jump map one, 12 slots.

Lets start with server 1:
I installed CS 1.6 via GC. It installed fine, I created the server. It runs fine. HOWEVER, I specified that I wanted Metamod and AmxModX installed and running with it. You think it is? No, its not.

Not only do I want the 2 mods to run on this server, but I want to use my own configs and version of the mods. Now, when MANUALLY installing these mods, you are needed to edit a file called "liblist.gam". In liblist, you are supposed to add a command that triggers Metamod (which triggers AMXX). I was going to simply add this myself, however theres only one liblist.gam, so if I add this, it adds it for ALL my CS 1.6 servers. I can't have AMX and METAMOD on a CAL rules scrim server. Not only are these not the only problems, but apparently, from what other users of GC tell me, your AMX mod files aren't up to date.

Server 2:
I want it to be private, CAL configs, etc. But if I do the only thing I know to do to fix the pub, it'll put AMX and MM on it. Can't have that.

Server 3:
This isn't that big of an issue if I can get that first damned issue fixed.

I am VERY frusterated. If the makers of this were smart, and wanted people to really get into this, they would have it create seperate files for each server. All problems solved. Don't gripe about disk space, any game server box that plans on hosting MORE than one, has enough space.
~Zedge~

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2008 10:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hehe, don't get Very frustrated Razz Very Happy

I personally have not got much experience with hosting CS servers, but, you can solve your issue of wanting separate server files by creating a subdomain for each server. Perhaps Steve or some other users will know a solution that allows the master domain to do this?

Sorry I'm not able to help you further, but be patient and I'm sure given a couple of days you will be up and running Smile

Zed.
MistaHardkill

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2008 11:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seperate subdomains? Does that mean seperate accounts? If not, please explain? Your being a great help man.
~Zedge~

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2008 11:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No problem any time Smile

Yes, a subdomain is an extention of your main domain

e.g.

subDomain.mainDomain.eu.gamecreate.com

So basically what happens is you end up with a different folder that can be called from the command line of each game set up.

What you need to do is go to your domain tab and go to the subdomain tab and click "add sub domain"

Give it a name and bingo Smile

Then you basically have a new folder for your game and can have different file sets for the same games.

It's not the easiest thing in terms of organisation I suppose, but bearing in mind that GC was designed more for large "server farms" it's a good solution if you have only a few servers to manage.

If I can be more specific, please say and shout for more assistance Smile

Zed.
MistaHardkill

PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2008 2:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, you know what. This is getting out of HAND.

Now I'm getting angry. I try the most logical choice of a subdomain per server. That seemed like it would work, but guess what? The god damn server won't start up if I use a custom liblist.gam file to trigger metamod. You guys seriously need to tailor your little game panel for what people want it to do instead of what you think it should do. What I mean is, do what people have been telling you and simply make it a launcher, not something that forces you to use proprietary premade crap.

Your mods are out of date, and god forbid somebody try and update them, the god damn server won't even run. Not that the mods even work anyway.

"Metamod and AMXMODX are on by default" my ASS.

I can't even use my own start up command!

ALL I WANT is for this Gamecreate crap to act as a launcher, so I don't need to SSH command every damn time I REBOOT my box!!! And its too moronic to even do that! It won't allow you do to ANYTHING custom, apart from configuration, or the fucking thing won't start up!
~Zedge~

PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2008 3:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hehe, Stay calm over it - it's not worth getting annoyed Very Happy

You should be able to use a custom server start up command if you go into configuration.

As for the custom liblist.gam, I'm not sure why that's not working - probably some mistake or maybe it isn't being correctly called.

Some mods are out of date, yeh, but if you post a topic and give details of the mod and where up to date files are, one of the GC staff will gladly update them.

Do you understand fully the game properties set up, cos once you understand this and how the files and command line knit together you will find gamecreate to be highly customisable.

GC is in essence an interface and you can pretty much do with it what you wish, just be patient, take the time to learn what it is doing and you will be fine Very Happy

I should thing someone will help you out more specifically with the CS stuff soon, but remember that the people who are highly knowledgeable about GC live in AU so they will be asleep Razz

Zed.
MistaHardkill

PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2008 3:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've gone through the manual, everything. I've analyzed all the files, commands etc, and it refuses to work. Unacceptable, even for a free product. I'd rather pay for TCAdmin than have the "I wanna smash things" feel. Thats how pissed off I am.

All I want to do with GC is use it as a server launcher. Thats ALL I want from it. I don't want its mods, configurations, etc. I just want it to turn on/turn off my damned servers.
~Zedge~

PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2008 3:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hehe, I understand your frustration, but just give some more knowledgeable people a chance to help you out Very Happy

Sorry I can't be of more assistance Very Happy

Zed.
MistaHardkill

PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2008 3:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't have time to wait for the more "knowledgeable" people. I've removed it. Give me a call when they make it how it should have been made. How the people would have liked it made. Not like a communist would like it.

I'll buy a TCAdmin license. Sheesh.
~Zedge~

PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2008 5:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

:S - Like all things computers it can take some patience Very Happy

Don't give up so easily Smile

Goodluck with whatever you choose to do Smile

The only thing to note is that TC admin is on;y for windows boxes Very Happy

Zed.
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: