RegisterRegister    Log inLog in    SearchSearch   

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Haggis

PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2009 3:36 am    Post subject: Statistics on Ubuntu Linux host & other troubles Reply with quote

Hi all,

Just trying to get this going on our Ubuntu dedicated server and have encountered a few wee issues.

1) Statistics
My Gamecreate page is not showing any statistics at all. Do I need to install any additional packages in Ubuntu? What does Gamecreate use to gather statistics? Do I need to open any specific ports for it?

2) Installing games
I tried using Gamecreate to install CSS and L4D which it did. Unfortunately, the games didn't load though as it didn't seem to install everything it needed or the latest version. I then updated the games manually and it all worked fine. Is this expected?

3) Gungame & CSS configs
I have two CSS servers running. One is classic CSS and the other is Gungame 5. I've had to modify the server config file to include es_load gungame rather than use the autoexec.cfg because there is only one of these for both the game servers. Is this the correct way of doing it? Also, I have to specifically include the gg map in the command line as none of my new maps show up in the config drop down list. Is there anyway to add to this list?

This really looks like a great way of doing things so I hope that someone can help me sort out these issues to get everything as it should be Smile

Cheers,
Haggis
adbot

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2011 3:57 am 

Steve
Mammoth

PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2009 2:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1. The account on the host machine that is running the GC client needs to have admin permissions, or have access to the performance monitors on the machine. TCP ports 1224 and 3579 are all that are required.

2. We don't normally keep the linux packages up to date. We encourage all users to do linux game updates themselves.

3. Unfortunately GunGame will run on all servers from a single install directory because of the autoexec.cfg. The only real easy solution to this is to make a new subdomain for GG only.

3a. You can add maps to the start map property in the domains CSS config page so they show up in your dropdown lists.
Haggis

PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2009 3:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the reply Steve. I've opened the required ports now. Sorry, I'm a bit of a noob here, which performance monitoring tools does Ubuntu typically use so I can check whether the user I created has sufficient permissions.

Cheers,
Haggis

UPDATE: It's still not working with the new ports open. I have also changed the permissions for the sar application and log results of sysstat so that the user has permissions on them. What am I doing wrong? :S
Haggis

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2009 2:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Has anybody gotten the linux client and statistics working? If so, could they offer some advice? Smile

Cheers,
Haggis
Kybber

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2009 7:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've never had any problems with stats in Linux. But I've been using Gentoo,
not Ubuntu. Could be some differences there, but I don't know.
Haggis

PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2009 3:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Kybber. Not sure what is going on. It looks like I get immediate performance stats of CPU/Memory etc. But no historical stats, no number of players etc.

Likely this is some config I am missing, some port not forwarded or openend or some permissions not set?

Hope someone looks at this and goes ..."duh!? You've not done this you numpty"

Cheers,
Haggis
Haggis

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2009 3:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can someone please explain how stats are supposed to work under linux and what the requirements are? Is there a manual process that I need to kick off to get it to work? A port I need to open? A package I need to install on Linux? Surely somebody knows this? Smile

Cheers,
Haggis
Haggis

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2009 5:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just as a quick update. I've got stats working now. Changing the permissions on the /proc/ folder and opening TCP port 1224 for outgoing did the trick. Thanks Steve Smile

Cheers,
Haggis
Steve
Mammoth

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2009 1:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry I should have posted that here also. Thanks for the reminder.
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: