RegisterRegister    Log inLog in    SearchSearch   

View previous topic :: View next topic  
NssB

PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2010 2:47 am    Post subject: Adobe Flex/Flash Builder Problem Reply with quote

Hi,

I am currently building a custom AIR/Flash Player application based on the SOAP Webservices and XML feeds that have been made available.

I am trying to discern if a CROSSDOMAIN.XML file exists on Gamecreate.com which will allow the Flash player and AIR app to fetch the data?

This level of security is not required for the server-side languages like PHP and Coldfusion etc....but the Adobe security schema dictates that as of Flash Player 7, the above file must exist at the root of the target domain in order to allow the data to be populated in the Player and the App.

Is someone able to verify this for me and if it does NOT exist, would it be possible to implement such a feature?

Kind regards
Martin Lydon
adbot

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2011 3:57 am 

NssB

PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2010 6:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just some more information on this taken from the Adobe Knowledgebase:

Quote:
A public server that allows data access from any domain

Some sites are intended to be accessed by anyone. They contain publicly available data, such as news feeds and web services.

The Flash Player, and web browsers, generally disallow access to data outside the current domain. Because of this, a common practice is to deploy a proxy script on the server that hosts the Flash movie, which then requests data server-side before returning it to the movie.

This is a standard practice, but it requires the creator of the Flash movie create server-side logic just to access public data. If the public server has a policy file, all Flash movies can access its data without any additional server scripts.

A policy file that permits all domains to access it uses a wild card instead of specifying individual domains.

Code:
<?xml version="1.0"?>

<!DOCTYPE cross-domain-policy SYSTEM "http://www.macromedia.com/xml/dtds/cross-domain-policy.dtd">

<cross-domain-policy>

<allow-access-from domain="*" />

</cross-domain-policy>

It is saved as crossdomain.xml and placed on the site root of the public server. (i.e http://{subdomain}.pkservers.eu.gamecreate.com/admin) <-- In my case.

Note: This practice is suitable for public servers, but should not be used for sites located behind a firewall because it could permit access to protected areas. It should not be used for sites that require authentication in the form of passwords or cookies.

I would envisage that such a small file could be created by GameCreate when a new subdomain is created.

I would be willing to help test such an update.

Kind regards
Martin Lydon
NssB

PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2010 11:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone?? Surely a developer or staff member will be able to verify this for me?

Regards
Martin
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: