RegisterRegister    Log inLog in    SearchSearch   

View previous topic :: View next topic  
hecktic

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 5:40 pm    Post subject: Multiple Game Servers using the same port but different IP Reply with quote

Hi,

It seems when I install 2 CoD servers each using different IP addresses but the same port on each IP being "28960" The game create panel will use the same physical folder for each game server.

In this case I have server1 on 11.11.2.3:28960 in the ftp/install path as /home/hecktic/gamecreate/callofduty/28960

And server2 on 11.11.2.4:28960 in the ftp/install path also as /home/hecktic/gamecreate/callofduty/28960

This poses a problem for when we want to create an ftp account, it will have access to the other cod server which it is not supposed to.

Why cant it be setup in a manner that makes each game server private but still share the master files under .../callofduty/..

As example

Server1 again is 11.11.2.3:28960 and has ftp/install path /home/hecktic/gamecreate/callofduty/11.11.2.3.28960

Server2 again is 11.11.2.4:28960 and has ftp/install path home/hecktic/gamecreate/callofduty/11.11.2.4.28960

If I give each game install a different port then problem solved but why can I not give each game install its own dedicated 28960 port in the case of callofduty if I supply each game install with its unique IP address ofcourse.

This is a big problem.

Or solution 2 is to allow seperate game server installs rather than sharing the same master server files among all game installs within callofduty. Make sense?
adbot

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2011 3:57 am 

joaquimsa

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 2:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

I've started to use this cp yesterday and came across with this same issue, but using mohaa.
When we create the games all of them use the same folder. This is really a problem since users want to send maps or make other changes and like this is not possible.

What we have found is that creating a sub-domain and adding the server game there, it is created another folder and the game would run on that folder. (so this can be an solution)

But , Is this the only way? Each gameserver requires that we create an sub-domain to isolate it?

Also after creating the subdomain the the new folder was created but the game was not copied inside and we had to copy it manually. Is this supossed to be like this or there were errors.

Thanks,
Joaquim
hecktic

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 7:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Creating a sub domain maybe a solution but it would make no sense to do that.

In 1 domain you can as the admin have control over everything easily and have access to see the statistical graphs easier this way whereas multiple sub domains would be utterly "hecktic"

All they really need to do is just assign each game server install with the folder named by the IP and NOT the port number.. problem solved....
Andrew
Mammoth

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 9:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

At this time you will need to manually change the identifier to the configuration files from things like:

%server:port%

To something like:

%server:id%

Which will make unique configuration files, regardless of port number.

The port number method works fine for single IP use (since the same config is overwritten for new servers).

so a config file of server%server:port%.cfg should now be called server%server:id%.cfg

Make sure you update any references to the config file (eg, command line) when making this change.

It should then work.
hecktic

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 1:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Andrew,

so the "id" switch in the command line represents what? the game server IP?
Andrew
Mammoth

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 1:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The server's ID number.

The reason the filenames contain this variable information (eg, port%server:port%.cfg) is so that multiple servers dont clash.

Since we did not use to support multiple IP Addresses, using %server:port% was adequate to avoid config clashes because no server would use the same port.

However this has changed with multiple IP support, so at the moment you need to use %server:id% as the identifier so it is unique per server.
hecktic

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 10:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

where are these configuration files located at ?
jason
Mammoth

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2007 12:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Browse into your server in the GameCreate admin site and you'll see a files tab

Example pictured here under the "Server Overview" heading about 1/3 of the way down the page:
http://doc.gamecreate.com/ManualServers
Andrew
Mammoth

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2007 11:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've noted down this issue with configuration files now that we have multiple IP Address support, so I can address this issue in a future update.
hecktic

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2007 7:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Andrew wrote:
I've noted down this issue with configuration files now that we have multiple IP Address support, so I can address this issue in a future update.

Okay sounds good. Do keep us posted
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: